Select Comfort Kits
At Select, we understand the need for robust palliative care. Our comfort kits can be custom-tailored to fit the needs of your patients depending on diagnoses and your requests. Our kits include pain, shortness of breath, anxiety/restlessness, excessive secretions, nausea & vomiting, fever, and constipation medications.
- Option 1: Use Select’s recommended comfort kit
- Option 2: Order your own custom comfort kit
What Is a Comfort Kit?
Hospice comfort kits are a prescribed set of medications typically kept in patients’ homes in case of a medical crisis or emergency. Having medications already in the home will help a patient’s care team treat a wide array of symptoms as quickly as possible.
Typically, customers order hospice comfort kits at the start of hospice care services for patients. However, sometimes such requests are made by case manager nurses at a later point in time. The contents of our comfort kits typically include at least the basic medications for pain, anxiety, nausea, insomnia, and breathing problems. Medications that are typically included can include:
- Morphine Liquid — Used to treat pain and shortness of breath
- Ativan (Lorazepam) — Can be used to treat anxiety, nausea, or insomnia
- Atropine Drops — Used to treat wet respirations, also known as the death rattle
- Levsin — An anticholinergic like atropine, also used to treat wet respirations
- Haldol (Haloperidol) — Can treat agitation and terminal restlessness
- Compazine (Prochlorperazine) — In either pill or rectal suppository form, this medication is used to treat nausea and vomiting
- Phenergan (Promethazine) — An anti-emetic like Compazine, Phenergan is used to treat nausea and vomiting
- Dulcolax suppositories (Bisacodyl) — Rectal suppositories to treat constipation
- Senna — A plant-based laxative used to treat constipation
- Fleet Enema
Select provides customers the option of ordering IV therapy & supplies, including:
- Pain Management
- Morphine, Hydromorphone, Fentanyl, Methadone, Ketamine, Midazolam PCA
- Ceftriaxone, Gentamicin, Vancomycin, Ertapenem, Piperacillin/Tazobactam IVPB
- D5W, 0.9% Normal Saline, Lactated Ringer’s, D5 ½ NS with KCL
- CliniMix, Kabiven
Select has partnered with Providence St. Joseph’s Health to provide rapid infusion pharmacy services to patients’ homes.
Select offers its customers nutritional supplements including Glucerna, Jevity, and Fibersource. We also offer enteral feeding pumps for purchase and rental.
Medical Supplies & Equipment
Select’s wide variety of supplies are offered for the convenience of hospices and their patients. We offer wound care supplies such as dressings, tapes, cleansers, gauzes, creams, lotions, powders, etc. We also offer incontinence supplies such as pull-ups, diapers, chucks, etc. Additionally, we can also provide DME equipment such as walkers, wheelchairs, blood pressure monitors, among other items.