As the best hospice pharmacy in Burbank, Select Pharmacy offers invaluable hospice pharmacy services that include hospice comfort kits, formulary design and management, cost management, custom reporting, special packaging, infusion therapy, and enteral therapy.
Hospice Comfort Kits
Hospice comfort kits are designed for patients to keep at home in case of a medical crisis or emergency. Each custom-made kit includes a patient’s prescribed set of medications and helps a patient’s care team treat symptoms quickly and effectively.
A typical hospice comfort kit includes medications to treat pain, anxiety, nausea, insomnia, and breathing problems. Standard medications typically included in a hospice comfort kit include:
- Morphine liquid – to alleviate pain and shortness of breath
- Ativan (Lorazepam) – to alleviate anxiety, nausea, or insomnia
- Atropine drops – to alleviate death rattle, or wet respirations
- Levsin – to alleviate wet respirations
- Haldol (Haloperidol) – to alleviate agitation and terminal restlessness
- Compazine (Prochlorperazine) – to alleviate nausea and vomiting
- Phenergan (Promethazine) – to alleviate nausea and vomiting
- Dulcolax suppositories (Bisacodyl) – to alleviate constipation
- Senna – to alleviate constipation
- Fleet enema
Formulary Design and Management
Each patient’s unique condition requires highly precise and accurate medication to effectively treat symptoms and provide relief. Our team of clinical pharmacists work with hospices to ensure each patient receives the right medication, at the right dose, and at the right time.
A team of experienced pharmacists carefully review each patient’s medication record and offer insight on optimizing therapy, monitor drug-to-drug interactions, and work to avoid contraindications.
Doctors of terminally-ill patients often prescribe a plethora of medications that may counteract one another. Select pharmacists always carefully review all prescriptions and dosing instructions and a patient’s medical history before creating a customized list of medications that will avoid harm and offer maximum benefit.
As a leading hospice pharmacy in Burbank, Select Pharmacy offers competitive and transparent pricing to allow hospices to allocate resources towards patient care, rather than navigating complex pharmaceutical services. This transparency is evidenced by the custom reports offered to all Select Pharmacy customers.
Hospices can access Select Pharmacy’s online portal to check medication availability and pricing with just a few clicks. Hospices are encouraged to set up protocols that will send automated notifications if medications exceed a set dollar amount.
Select Pharmacy provides customers with weekly spending reports to let hospices see exactly how much they are spending and on which medications. Customers can access patient records and the following reports:
- Antibiotic Reports
- NDC Reports
- Psychotropic Reports
- Antipsychotic Reports
- Medication Adherence Record (MAR)
Select Pharmacy customers can receive bubble-packed medication cards, pre-filled syringes, and other specialty packaging at no additional charge. This helps reduce the risk of improperly dispensing medication and lets nurses focus their time on patient care.
Infusion Therapy and Enteral Therapy
Customers searching for a hospice pharmacy in Burbank can order the following IV therapy and supplies from Select Pharmacy:
- Morphine, Hydromorphone, Fentanyl, Methadone, Ketamine, Midazolam PCA
- Ceftriaxone, Gentamicin, Vancomycin, Ertapenem, Piperacillin/Tazobactam IVPB
- CliniMix, Kabiven
- D5W, 0.9% Normal Saline, Lactated Ringer’s, D5 ½ NS with KCL
Select Pharmacy also offers nutritional supplements such as Glucerna, Jevity, and Fibersource.