Hospice Comfort Kits
Select Pharmacy hospice comfort kits are designed for patients to keep at home in case of a medical emergency. Each custom-made kit includes prescription medication and helps a patient’s care team treat symptoms quickly and effectively.
Patients can expect their hospice comfort kit to include medications to treat pain, anxiety, nausea, insomnia, and breathing problems. Medications typically offered in a Select Pharmacy hospice comfort kit include:
- Ativan (Lorazepam) – to alleviate anxiety, nausea, or insomnia
- Morphine liquid – to alleviate pain and shortness of breath
- Levsin – to alleviate wet respirations
- Atropine drops – to alleviate death rattle, or wet respirations
- Haldol (Haloperidol) – to alleviate agitation and terminal restlessness
- Phenergan (Promethazine) – to alleviate nausea and vomiting
- Compazine (Prochlorperazine) – to alleviate nausea and vomiting
- Dulcolax suppositories (Bisacodyl) – to alleviate constipation
- Senna – to alleviate constipation
- Fleet enema
Formulary Design and Management
To effectively treat symptoms and provide relief, caregivers need highly precise and accurate medication. Our team of highly experienced clinical pharmacists works with hospices to ensure each patient receives the right medication, at the right dose, and at the right time.
Customers who choose Select Pharmacy can expect a team of experienced pharmacists to carefully review each patient’s medication record and offer insight on optimizing therapy, monitor drug-to-drug interactions, and strive to avoid contraindications.
Terminally-ill patients are often prescribed a plethora of medications that may counteract one another and even create unpleasant side effects. Select pharmacists use a holistic approach to carefully review all prescriptions and dosing instructions and a patient’s medical history before creating a customized list of medications that will prevent harm and offer maximum symptom relief.
As a leading hospice pharmacy in Long Beach, Select Pharmacy offers competitive and transparent pricing to empower hospices to allocate available resources towards patient care, rather than wasting time navigating complex pharmaceutical services. Select Pharmacy offers detailed custom reports to demonstrate our commitment to transparency.
Hospice providers can access Select Pharmacy’s online portal to check medication availability and review pricing with just a few clicks. Hospices have the option of setting up protocols that will send automated notifications if medications exceed a set dollar amount.
Weekly spending reports detail exactly how much hospice providers are spending and on which medications. Customers can access patient records on a HIPAA-compliant platform and view the following reports:
- Antibiotic Reports
- NDC Reports
- Psychotropic Reports
- Antipsychotic Reports
- Medication Adherence Record (MAR)
Select Pharmacy customers can request bubble-packed medication cards, pre-filled syringes, and other specialty packaging at no additional charge. This helps reduce the risk of improperly dispensing medication and lets nurses focus their time and energy on patient care.
Select Pharmacy clients can choose from the following delivery options:
- Rapid delivery. 2.5-hour delivery window for clients within the delivery radius.
- Stat. 2-4 hour delivery window for clients within the delivery radius.
- Same-day delivery. Clients receive medication/supplies by the end of the day.
- Next day delivery. Clients receive medication/supplies the day after placing an order.
Hospice providers can rest assured knowing Select Pharmacy pharmacists are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year to fill orders and answer questions.